Top Social

Disappointing Product: Barry M Speedy Quick Dry.

Thursday 7 May 2015
If you saw my Spring Nails post, you'll know I've been into painting my nails a lot recently. I heard via the beauty grapevine that Barry M had brought out a bunch of new colours in their 'Speedy Quick Dry' range.

Now, first of all, I love the packaging, the little racing grid pattern on the lid is super cute and the names are all racing themed, how fun? The applicator is flatter with a rounded tip to fit the nail shape easier and the range of colours were good, so I went ahead and purchased 'Full Throttle', a peachy orange colour, something a little different for me.

sweet allure disappointing product barry m speedy quicky dry full throttle nails beauty
*This is not the nail varnish colour on my nails


So here's the thing, the quick drying formula sounds great, it'll dry quicker and I can go about my daily business in half the time...so wrong. The formula dries so quickly once you've taken it out of the bottle, it basically start drying as you apply it, it's hard to control and becomes a real struggle to get an even and smooth coat on. The second coat was equally as hard as the first and I spent twice as long as usual trying to make it look presentable.

Sadly, although I loved the colour, I doubt I'll be re-apply this anytime soon, which is gutting as the whole collection looked quirky, fun and I loved a bunch of the colours.

Did anyone else find they had the same results? If not, tell me which colours you love :)

Post Comment
Post a Comment