Top Social

Rimmel Foundations Reviews.

Wednesday 27 May 2015

After banging on about my NARS Sheer Glow I felt like I should give some high street foundations a go to see if there are any other foundations out there for much cheaper that I've been missing out on.


My skin has been going more oily recently so I wanted something a little more matte to keep shine at bay so I headed into my local boots to see what was on offer. I picked up 2 from Rimmel so carry on reading to see how I got on.





I picked up the lightest colour in this foundation which is Light Porcelain, I have quite pale skin so always struggle to find a good colour match but this foundation only comes in 6 shades, so I wasn't expecting much.


The foundation is a mousse texture so I ended up using far too much product to begin with but once I'd figured it out, a little goes quite a long way with this foundation. I was applying it with my hands and then just going over it with a kabuki brush to just blend it out a little.

The colour match isn't amazing for me, but I stuck with it to try it out and it does give good coverage. It also did keep my oil at bay for most of the working day but it did cling to my little dry patches which isn't great for overall finish. 

I have to say I gave up on this foundation first, I wore it for a few days and just didn't bother going back as the colour match just didn't work for me. I will say that the bottle looks small but I think you get quite a lot of product in it as you can get away with using small amounts. If you have smooth skin free from dry patches and you find a colour match, I'm sure this would be a great light weight foundation, but not for me.

~

I picked up the lightest colour in the once again very limited shade selection which wasn't a great match but due to the liquid consistency I could make it work a bit better than the mousse formula. I did get oily around midday with this foundation so had to powder my face to mattify it.



This did cling to dry patches like the mousse but this also didn't cover my redness very well either, maybe as it was a liquid and thinner than the mousse formula. I guess this could be build-able but as I tend to like more of a natural look, I didn't attempt to build this up.

I did wear this foundation more compared to the mousse but only because I felt I could work better with the liquid consistency .


After a few days of wearing each of these I tried my NARS Sheer Glow and they was just no comparison. I can use the tiniest bit of sheer glow buffed over my face and it evens out my skin so easily! So I think I'm going to struggle to find a foundation that pulls me away from my Sheer Glow.

Let me know if you have pale skin and have a good foundation recommendation! :)



10 comments on "Rimmel Foundations Reviews. "
  1. These two were actually on my list to try out, but I don't think I'll bother now. I recently tried the Rimmel Match Perfection, which was quite good. Shade selection is unfortunately poor, but that's just high street makeup for you! Great review of both, thanks for sharing :)

    Aspiring Londoner | UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I think you can get better on the market but it depends on your shade. It's always a hassle for us pale girls! x

      Delete
  2. I was going to try this second foundation, because everyone was raving about it.. But it's obvious there's gonna be a significant difference between drugstore and high end foundations - of course with some exceptions.
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think at the minute, from experience, I prefer high end but only because pale skin is hard to match! x

      Delete
  3. Great, insightful reviews :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Lasting Finish foundation, but I'm still using it before I review it...

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to there own! I just personally didn't get on with it but awesome if it works for you :) x

      Delete