Top Social

Cruelty Free: Zoeva Brand First Impressions

Saturday 22 August 2015
In the past few weeks I've become more aware of cruelty free brands or make-up lines for multiple reasons but I'm now making a more conscious effort to buy from brands that do not test on animals.

When doing some very initial research I came across the brand Zoeva, I was aware of them before because of the make-up brushes they are well known for but had no idea they did make-up and at such an affordable price!

I opted for a lip crayon because I just can't resist lip products at the minute.. and then a blusher, as I have hardly any blushers and thought why not!







The lip crayon I chose is called Silly Love which is a pinky peach colour although it is slightly darker than the photo came out. For a 'crayon' I would say this formula is very tacky and wet, I was expecting a pencil crayon so a little dryer but I actually still really like this product. As the formula is softer you have to take care when applying it so it doesn't end up all over your face but the colour pay off is really good. It didn't last particularly long on my lips and on the go it might be hard to re-apply but I still really like this product, the fiddly bits hasn't put me off using this or potentially buying more. Although I will say I'm really worried about sharpening this, the formula is so wet I'm terrified it'll completely mess up the crayon, so I'll let you know how that goes when it comes to it!




The blush I picked out is called He Loves Me, Maybe which yet again is a peachy pink colour. I'm terrible with blusher, I have no idea what goes with my skin type etc so I just went for something I didn't already have. This blusher has some serious pigment, the tiniest bit on your brush has a huge pay off on the skin (I'm quite pale) so you really don't need a lot of this stuff, which in theory will probably make this last a really long time. The compact comes with quite a good size mirror which is great for travelling and again was a very affordable price at around £6.




So as for my first impressions, I'm quite happy with both my purchases, both have such good pigmentation and colour and the price is pretty darn cheap, so you can rest easy knowing that no little animals got hurt making these products and that it hasn't cost you a bomb to get some great products. 


I'm definitely going to try and become 100% cruelty free from now on and think more about what I spend my money on.  

If you have any recommendations for Zoeva or cruelty free make-up please please please let me know, I'd love to have a look at some new brands and what not!

Until next time!
Tarnya
xx

Post Comment
Post a Comment