Top Social

10 things I love about Autumn.

Thursday 22 October 2015
I love Autumn, who doesn't right? The colourful trees and crunchy leaves and cosy warm layers, what's not to love?

So I thought I'd put together my top 10 list, because, why not!



1. Everything knitwear.

Jumpers, cardigans,socks, scarf';s, you name it, I love it. I wish I could wear knitwear all year round and I often try to in summer, but that generally ends in a sweaty mess, but nothing quite beats getting into a big cosy jumper and snuggling up with a ...


2. Hot Chocolate.

I love chocolate at all times of the year but I only drink hot chocolate during autumn/winter. Hot, frothy, creamy hot chocolate is just the best and it keeps your hands toasty warm. I've recently stopped drinking dairy, so I'm trying things like Soy Milk and Lactose Free milk, so if anyone knows a good combo for dairy free hot chocolate, please, let me know!

3. Homely meals.

I love cooking and as the weather gets colder we tend to sway more towards comfort food, for me, that's stews, hotpots, mash potato and my favourite, gravy. Out with the salads and light meals and in with the meat, veg and gravy! 


4. CHRISTMAS is almost here.

I don't even care how early it is, I bloody love Christmas and autumn means it's just around the corner. Get the present planning and lists started! Buy a candle or two and get ready for the festivities! eeeee! 


5. PJ's and slipper socks.

They basically become your new favourite outfit. They get fluffier, warmer and even get cuter as autumn comes around. I have the cutest set from Primark with woodland creature on it and I basically live in them. My new favourite pair of socks are these cuties!  


6. The tree's changing colour.

It's probably my favourite thing about autumn. I love browns, oranges and yellows, they are my favourite colours, so seeing the gradients of all the colours makes me very happy. I love driving home on a crisp sunny afternoon and seeing all the beautiful colours of the trees. Nick and I have decided to get married in the autumn, so we should hopefully pick a venue soon! =)


7. The cooler weather.

I bloody hate hot weather, I find it really hard to cool down and I sweat like a pig. I'm also not super confident about my body in less clothing, so autumn means I can get out all my layers and darker colours. Also the crisp weather really makes me want to go for all the walks. (which also makes me REALLY want a dog...or 4)


8. Rain.

Now before you think, what is this crazy girl thinking, she likes rain?! If you combine the PJ's, slipper socks, homely meals and hot chocolate, adding in some rain outside it then all makes sense? No-one likes getting caught up in the rain or wet hair and having a face of running make-up sucks but if its raining outside whilst you are super cosy and warm inside, it makes it so much better. 


9. Bonfire night.

I love bonfire night because it reminds me so much of home. My dad would always get a bonfire going, we'd have hot dogs and mushy peas with mint sauce and have people round to enjoy the fire. We never really had fireworks, mostly because we had such a great view of the surrounding town from our house, so we could see loads, but a fire pit was enough for me. 


10. Chai Tea Latte.

No, I've never had a Pumpkin Spice Latte, yes I probably will try one at some point, but a Chai Tea Latte has my heart every time. It's so spicy and frothy and warm and it keeps me warm and fuzzy on the inside. It just such a pity they cost a bomb and are full of sugar. I really wish I could make these as good at home. 


Those are my top 10 things I love about autumn. I tried to keep Halloween out of this so I can do some Halloween specific posts, so keep your eyes peeled for those!

Let me know if you love the same things as me, or have something different to add to the mix!

Tarnya =)
xx












3 comments on "10 things I love about Autumn."
  1. Autumn is the best season! Can't wait till it gets colder and I can wear sweaters and boots :)
    Rita x
    http://dashofcurves.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed reading your post! Fall is my favourite season as well for pretty much all of the same reasons! I just went to an autumn themed wedding the other week and it was perfect. They had it at the university's garden/park and there were so many beautiful fall colours.
    One other thing I enjoy is all the classic movies that come on tv like Charlie Brown or Garfield thanksgiving/Halloween/Christmas specials they always make me feel like a kid again and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas far too much and If i lived alone, i would have my tree up by now =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete