Top Social

Sunday Sit Down #2

Sunday 22 November 2015
So it's time to sit down and have another catch up here on my little blog, haven't these 2 weeks just flown by already?





Blog

Things are starting to get quite festive behind the scenes here on Sweet Allure, I've been writing up my blogmas posts, planning them and getting things ready for the big 25 days of blogging! I think blogmas is typically the whole of December but I'm personally just going to stick to 25 days, as nothing interesting happens for me after Christmas day! There will be plenty of gift guides, favourite xmas songs/films, baking and outfit choosing with a dash of meet ups and xmas themed items. Although it's a lot of work I'm really looking forward to blogmas as it's themed around my favourite time of year!

This week I was also extremely lucky to be asked to try out a new restaurant opening in York, so Nick and I took a little drive up on our cheeky day off work and had the most gorgeous meal in a very stylish new restaurant, I'll give you a little sneak peek below but keep your eyes peeled for the full review soon.





Things on the blogging scene are about to get a little busy for me at the start of December, I have the Xmas Leeds meet up, which I am super excited about and a few little local meet ups with Sheffield bloggers, not to mention a sprinkle of Lush to make things even better. So really do head back over the next month and really soak up the Christmas atmosphere before it disappears again for another year! :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life

So in the past 2 weeks I nipped home to see my dad in Nottingham, it's been a long time since I've been home and it was great to just chill out with the family and relax.

Since then I've, once again, been mostly obsessed with Christmas, I've pretty much bought all presents and wrapped them already, because well, I couldn't help myself. I also can't stand the hoards of people shopping around Christmas time so decided to just get it out of the way super early, just need to put together a list of things I actually want for myself.

Along side the present shopping I've been updating our decorations to match the new house. The ones we previous had were cheap 'they'll do for now' type decorations that I'm bored of and have decided to upgrade to some that will last us a long time. I'm going for a white and red and wood theme this year which is quite Scandinavian themed (my current obsession). Don't worry, they'll be plenty of photo's floating around soon!

As always we've been doing some DIY in the house, we've finally mounted the mirrors in the living room and the kitchen and been on a bit of a painting furniture spree to get things more matching. I can't wait to buy a nice dining table on pay day this month so we can have people around to chill at Christmas time! I'd love to buy ALL the furniture but I need to learn to be patient and build the house up over time rather than get it ready as soon as possible.

We had a lovely 4 day weekend this week which I've spent mostly just relaxing and sleeping. I felt like I've need a little time off recently to re-coop, get through a bunch of house work, play games and do blog things. I think this is the calm before the storm that is Christmas.



So that's all for now and potentially for awhile depending on how busy I am!
I hope you are all well!
Love always,



Christmas word count: 10
Post Comment
Post a Comment