Top Social

The Village Screen: Home Alone Screening.

Thursday 17 December 2015
Last Sunday I was invited to a pop up cinema screening of Home Alone in a warehouse at Kelham Island in Sheffield by the lovely people at The Village Screen.


I'm all for Christmas things and a pop up cinema sounded so fun and different, so I couldn't say no!

When I finally arrived at the warehouse and walked inside, I was quite impressed, the space was huuuge and the screen was big and exciting. Then when I looked around there were lights hanging above lots of rows of deck chairs and the odd sofa. There was a bar, a crepe stand and a food stand to buy burgers etc. 





I was meeting up with some other Sheffield bloggers, we all had a chin wag catching up before the screening started. We all went and got cosy in row near the back and waited in the cold for the screen to start!

I picked myself up a mulled Cider to keep me warm and wrapped my blanket scarf around my legs and settled in for the showing!



Although it was basically freezing cold, I really loved this evening. I think it would make a great date night, cosying up with your date, watching a movie in an interesting or new setting and enjoying some food and drinks! I can't wait to get involved more with this in the summer when it's a little warmer! 



Plus I haven't seen Home Alone in years so it was like watching it again for the first time! Everyone has a great time munching some food and sipping some warm booze! (I wish they did a hot chocolate though!). 

I really recommend checking out this cinema, you can follow them on twitter @VillageScreen to keep up to date for when the showings are on! They did a brilliant one at Halloween in the woods!


Until tomorrow!





1 comment on "The Village Screen: Home Alone Screening."
  1. I haven't been to Kelham Island in so long and this sounds like such a good idea. One thing that general cinemas miss are burgers and hot drinks, right.
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. xo

    ReplyDelete