Top Social

Blogging Goals for 2016.

Saturday 2 January 2016
I've been blogging for almost a year now and that blows my mind, I honestly never thought I would stick to this thing for so long but here I am and I'm definitely sticking around, soz.

I certainly have some aims for the development of my blog over 2016 which I thought I'd share with you, after all, we all have something we want to improve don't we?



 The first thing I really want to do is write more meaningful posts, yes we all love a good haul or make up product reviews, but I really want to write about things that don't cost money and make use of the things I already own. Thinking up new ideas and covering topics that are a little out of the ordinary is going to be my aim this year, it's not all about how much money or 'stuff' you have, it's about the angle you approach a topic from.


Then, as I've heard pretty much every blogger on the planet say, I really want to improve my photography. This may be just learning how to make the most of the camera, thinking of interesting ways to shoot products, making the most of the natural light or awesome flatlays, but I really want to improve my photography and thus improve the appeal of my blog to you lovely lot. 


I also really want to get more involved with the blogging community this year, I've already managed to wedge myself into some groups and make friends and if this is to grow in the next year, I'd be extremely happy. I love making new friends, going to new places and having new opportunities, so I will certainly not be turning these things down if they arise in 2016, this is my 'Yes Man' moment!


Then lastly, I want to grow my social media on all platforms. I actually hated Twitter before making my blog but now I'm constantly checking my account... and I've always loved Instagram, so this year I want to make a real conscious effort to grow my social media platforms. I'm going to attempt to join in more twitter chats, post much more regularly on Instagram and more importantly, interact with you all and spread some love. This is certainly something that wont just happen over night, I'll have to set aside time every day or other day to comment on things I like, give praise where praise is due and hopefully spread a little positivity around this little blogging world, but I really intend to try harder.

I can't wait to see all you lovely blogging lot through another year. Onwards and upwards for everyone, there's plenty of room at the top for us all!

12 comments on "Blogging Goals for 2016."
  1. Great goals, I think the photography one is on everyone's 'get better at' list!

    E x

    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great goals! I always want to continue to grow my social media accounts as well. I really didn't like twitter until I started blogging but it is so useful!

    Lee - leethrifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photography is such a big on to aim to do, and I agree with what you've said about it, for me also it's going to have to be learning how to edit the photos as well because I think sometimes I get the images kinda wrong? It's a learning experience :) Your last two points about interacting more and using social media - YES. It's so hard finding time to do it, especially once the NYE festivities are over and life resumes as normal (eek) "Yes Man" is definitely a feeling I'm experiencing as well and I have no doubt you'll manage these. :D

    ~Gail www.sherbet-aurora.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic goals! I've just started my own, so this is very inspiring :) happy new year x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt exactly the same about Twitter and now I have to force myself to give it a break! Haha!
    Jess @ JuicyyyJesss*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've just started. as i read sticking with it is the challenge and keeping up with social media is challenging as well i'm partial to facebook and getting used to twitter..good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals Tarnya, good luck with achieving them :)

    Liza xx

    www.lizataitbailey.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best with your blogging goals this year. I would love to grow my social media platforms this year also and get involved more with chats etc.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you said you want to focus on more meaningful posts, that's a great goal, I feel like sometimes blog posts are too much about just buying stuff. Also I'm right there with you on the social media stuff, great goals ♡ =)

    Sadiya Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely goals! Im sure you'll complete each and every one of them. I love that you want to write more meaningful post. Not everyone wants to read reviews all the time and digging deeper into the personal aspect of your blog is amazing!!

    -shannon
    www.onthelists.com
    twitter.com/onthelists

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to get more involved with the blogging community myself this year. I loved reading your goals, best of luck with them! :)

    Becky; www.rebeccamarie.co.uk xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think these are lovely goals for 2016! The world needs a little bit more blog love! Great post! Emily xx

    www.bambisbeautyblogs.com

    ReplyDelete