Top Social

LUSH: Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask First Impressions.

Tuesday 12 January 2016
During a recent LUSH event I had the opportunity to make my own Catastophe Cosmetic face mask. It was a great little experience putting all the ingredients in and mixing it around and seeing it all blend together and not just in a pot when you walk around the store.



So when I got home from the event, I put the pot in the fridge and completely forgot about it for about a month, standard. So during an evening binge of Sex and the City I was rummaging around in the fridge for some chocolate and I caught a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye and thought, it is time. I couldn't remember anything about this face mask, I had no idea if it was meant to be moisturising, calming, cleansing etc.


After scrapping back my hair, I went about slapping it on my face. The first thing you notice is how nice it smells, it just smells so lovely of the blueberries, which is one of my favourites! It was quite easy to slather on and smooth over my face.

Just so you know, the cute rating when this is on your face is -100, you look like something out of The Walking Dead...



It advises to leave the face mask on for 10-15 minutes, but I always leave them on for much longer. I think I left this on for about 45 minutes..or however long 2 episodes of Sex and the City are...

I wiped this off with a flannel and some warm water and it came off really easily, I didn't need to scrub hard or anything.



Afterwards my skin felt really clean and soft. The thing I noticed the most was that my spots and redness had gone down so much. I was actually really impressed by how much they had gone down, it's currently the morning after using it and my skin is still really calm.

I have one more use left in the little sample pot we got given but I can really see me re-purchasing this for when my skin is going mental and it needs some help. I think this would be a great one to use once or twice a week to help keep balanced skin or if you are having a major breakout or something.


Keep an eye out for more LUSH reviews in the future!



*this product was gifted to me at a LUSH event, all views, opinions and crap jokes are my own.
5 comments on "LUSH: Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask First Impressions."
  1. Haha good thing you didn't think it was pudding and eaten it! I've actually never tried a Lush face mask but I've got my eye on a few in store so I might just break open the wallet and try one. I always here such amazing reviews about them so I don't know what's stopping me!?

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha oh man I feel the same way about the Cranberry face mask they had as a winter LE ... have you tried that one? When you put it on, you look like you have a very, VERY bad skin rash.
    But oh my, it sounds like so much fun getting to make it yourself *___*
    I've almost got 5 returnable black pots, so I can go back soon and get a free fresh mask, I'm sooo excited :D

    Great review btw, I'm here for all the crap jokes tbh.

    Danee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lush face masks! I'd been wanting to try this one, but I wasn't sure if this one would be worth it. Definitely going to give it a go now! Great post.
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy. My favourite is Love Lettuce.

    A | www.alyspace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good! I've been looking for a good mask and have never once thought about the lush ones! Have you tried any other? Is this the best one they have? Really good blog ☺️

    saltanxo.blogspot.co.uk

    Sally xox

    ReplyDelete