Top Social

Entertainment of the Month: February 2016

Thursday 3 March 2016
I've been ill twice this month, so I've spent more time than usual binge watching TV whilst feeling sorry for myself. Although I have watched a lot there are a few things that stood out to me, so I'll just dive right into the juicy stuff.



The Martian (2015)

I listen to alllll of the film podcasts and have heard a lot about The Martian since it's release last year but didn't get around to seeing it. Nick came back from the shop one morning after buying his breakfast and had this in hand. We actually sat down to watch this on Valentines day date night. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this film, its really interesting and entertaining, with the right amount of drama. I do have to admit the ending was a little far fetched but I still really enjoyed the film overall and was happy to finally watch it!


Love (TV Series 2016 - )

My friend actually mentioned this in casual conversation last week and I immediately found it on Netflix and sat down to watch. It's about two completely opposite people who accidentally meet and start a strange love/hate relationship with each other. This is right up my street, both of the characters are quite opposites, one's nerdy and quiet and the other is a rebel and a little chaotic and somehow they just seem to get on. It's also written by Judd Apatow, who wrote Knocked up, Pinapple Express and 40 Year old Virgin, so you are bound to enjoy this if you are a fan of the comedy films mentioned. Very easy to watch and I zoomed through it in about 3 evenings.



The Big Bang Theory Season 7 & 8

Netflix has finally added the 2 most recent seasons of TBBT, I've been waiting to watch these 2 seasons for ages so I'm finally up to date. A lot kind of happens in the two seasons, along with plenty of filler episodes but I still love this programme and I can't wait to watch season 9 after the exciting and very sudden ending to season 8.



The Walking Dead Season 6

For all the mega fans of TWD this month was the month that the season started back up again after a mid-season break. It's been pretty fucking drama filled as you would expect and a great start back to the season! I literally can't say anything without spoiling things but you will not be disappointed as a TWD fan.


As you can see I've been enjoying quite a lot of TV this month, I really am planning on watching more movies from now on. I really want to watch Room, The Revenant and Deadpool this month.


Let me know what you've been binge watching this month! Any suggestions welcome! :)



8 comments on "Entertainment of the Month: February 2016"
  1. This month I've been watching American Horror Story: Freak Show, the latest AHS on Netflix. I'm also excited to watch S3 of Bates Motel, which was released on Netflix on Tuesday. I'm big on horror/crime sort of series/films. The Love series sounds interesting though. I'm also interested in watching Fuller House, which I've seen advertised on Netflix recently! I need something light hearted in between all the dark stuff sometimes! Haha. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to watch the second half of the latest season of AHS, I got distracted by other things. Fuller house seems to be a popular one at the minute, I need to start that..along with Sons of Anarchy! xx

      Delete
  2. Currently watching 'Love' and I am so into it!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute! I find it hard to believe they are meant to be in their 30's though! xx

      Delete
  3. I have yet to check out Love but I LOVED The Martian and I can't believe the twists in this next part of The Walking Dead!!!! Wow I can't wait for Sundays!! =) I've been binge watching Fuller House too! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the second person to recommend 'Fuller House' now, so that's enough for me to try it out! It'll probably end up in next months post! haha xx

      Delete
  4. I have been watching Teen Wolf's season 5 that's currently airing from MTV. Gosh, I am obsessed with that show. Though it's safe to say it's the worst season out of all. My favorite characters are gone (one of them was my ultimateeee crush, can you imagine?) and they wouldn't tell how long it would take to bring them back. I am also catching up with Gossip Girl's season 3.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I haven't watched any of these but this month I have really been enjoying the x files as it returned to Channel 5! Definitely one of my favourite shows x

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete