Top Social

Entertainment of the Month: March 2016

Thursday 31 March 2016
This month has been a pleasant mixture of old and new entertainment for me. I've been reading much more this past month, or at least trying to, so when I'm reading I've just been popping on How I Met Your Mother because I've seen it all before and it's easy for me to zone out to. However I have watched some exciting new programmes too!

Sweet Allure Entertainment of the Month: March 2016 netflix bbc daredevil siblings the night manager how i met your mother thirteen


Thirteen

So over the Easter bank holiday everyone on twitter was talking about a BBC drama called Thirteen. Any kind of thriller/drama is right up my street so I basically sat and binge watched the entire 5 episodes. It's about a girl that gets kidnapped and held hostage for 13 years who escapes and the drama follows what happens after that. I really enjoyed this programme, keeps you guessing and constantly on edge!


Daredevil Season 2

I really enjoyed the last season of Daredevil, it took me awhile to get into it but I really enjoyed it. Season 2 is finally live on Netflix and I sat down to watch it right away. To be completely honest, I didn't enjoy this season as much as the last, it seems to be very focused around Elektra. Firstly I don't really know anything about her and secondly, meh, although there are still some pretty impressive fight scenes.


Siblings

This is a new comedy that has popped up from Netflix about a brother and sister who live together. A few familiar faces show up and it's typical awkward situational humour. It's great to just stick on and kind of zone out, but I've been generally enjoying this.


The Night Manager

I was also told about this over the bank holiday Easter weekend, so I headed to the BBC iPlayer immediately. Unfortunately episode 1 had already expired, so I asked my lovely friend Beverley to give me an overview of episode one so I was all caught up. It has an all star cast and hellooo Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie (yes I totally have a crush on him too, it's the accent!). It's about an arms dealer who has been basically untouchable by the police for years and the attempt to bring him down with an undercover agent. I really enjoyed this and if you were thinking of watching it I'd jump in right away before all the episodes expire on BBC iPlayer. Controversially one of my favourite scenes is when you see all of the weapons in actions, it's a very impressive light show.



So this month has been a good mix of old and new, I've really enjoyed watching some new thrillers actually, I wish I knew some more. As always, please send me your TV suggestions, I love watching all sorts of shows, so any recommendations are welcome!

If' you'd like to see what I watched last month, you can do so here.

5 comments on "Entertainment of the Month: March 2016"
  1. I agree with Daredevil...it was good but it didn't draw me as much as it did before! It wasn't until the last few episodes I got really into it!
    Jess @ www.juicyyyjesss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, I spent my Easter weekend binge watching all 5 episodes of Thirteen, too! I really enjoyed it, not at all what I expected from BBC3.

    Nina - www.wordsbynina.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved siblings, i found it very funny =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to watch Thirteen! I've heard such good things about it. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, I really loved Thirteen and will definitely be binge-watching the night manager!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete