Top Social

Fashion: Getting a Little Shirty.

Friday 25 March 2016
Over the course of winter my style has been bogged down with layers of black, checks and oh, some more layers. This spring I really wanted to try some new things and widen my horizons for cute outfits and things got a little shirty.

I'd always worn shirts but as outer shirts, unbuttoned, checked and baggy, to keep warm or to feel comfy but when I came across a few more 'girly' shirts I had to snap them up. 

sweet allure fashion getting a little shirty flat lay outfit of the day converse jamie jeans topshop h&m shirt polkdots sunglasses


After trying on this blue spotted shirt from H&M I really liked the look on me, although it's a little baggy and not the most flattering on my figure but when the buttons were done up to the top I felt like it went really well with my short hair. It's quite a preppy look that I've never really gone for before but I enjoyed it enough to go buy another shirt.


sweet allure fashion getting a little shirty next floral shirt outfit spring

sweet allure fashion getting a little shirty flat lay outfit of the day converse topshop jamie jeans floral next shirt spring

sweet allure fashion getting a little shirty next floral shirt outfit spring topshop jamie jeans


This one is waaay more daring than I would usually go for but I thought I'd try it and I actually ended up really quite liking it.  It's super feminine and girly which isn't normally my style but this goes great with some blue jeans and converse for a very bright and refreshing spring look, be gone black layers!

The pattern is really pretty and detailed, lots of wild flowers with the occasional bright butterfly, it goes perfectly with my new tattoo (post here)!
I also think shirts are great for spring because they still have a long sleeve that can keep you warmer on the chilly spring days but can be rolled up during the warmer days for a more casually look. I've been wearing these with my new white leather converse and it's such a fun bright look that I've been absolutely loving. 

I'm also planning on wearing a shirt and trouser combination to my friends wedding at the start of April instead of a dress, as I think it can be quite a grown up and sophisticated look. It's quite interesting how one new piece of clothing can open up a whole new avenue for your style, isn't it?

What do you guys think, do you like shirts? How do you style yours?

6 comments on "Fashion: Getting a Little Shirty."
  1. I like the first polka dot shirt, Ive been into shirts lately, but I usually stay safe and go for block neutrals colours mainly or muted down patterns. I tend to wear them with skinny jeans and heels or pair it up with a skirt.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both shirts are gorgeous but the one from next is definitely my favourite! I love pairing a nice colourful/patterned blouse with some black jeans and sneakers or heels for a fancier look!

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely in love with that polka dot shirt! And I love the composition of all your photos in this post - specially the one with the polka dot shirt. I feel like that outfit would look so stylish in a super chill, laidback way.

    Kelly // Velvet and Vibranium

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive flatlay!

    http://skinnydecxflatte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirts are on my winter wishlist this year. I'm bored of my usual casual tees and want to mix it up a bit :) These two are gorgeous!

    Rai | utterardour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The polka dot shirt is amazing!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete