Top Social

Interiors: My Lounge Staple Pieces.

Sunday 20 March 2016
After moving into our house last year, it's been one of those 'make do' situations that usually happens while you figure out what to do with your new space and lets face it, save up a bunch of cash.

When we first moved in we had to spend a fortune on buying things we needed, like a cooker, washer, dishwasher etc rather than on making it look nice. That's all about to change this year. I'm going to take some serious time (and money) to do up the house and make it a place I want to spend my hours.


Sweet Allure: My lounge staple pieces dfs zinc grey habitat argos society 6 Scandinavian furniture

 
The living room is the first major room I wanted to focus on, seeing as I spend a lot of my time watching TV, reading and generally chilling out in here and it also happens to be the first room guests see.

The first serious upgrade we needed was to the sofa, ours was vast and bulky and needed a little modernisation, it needed to take up much less room and feel a little more ours. We picked up this Zinc 3 seater sofa and the cuddle chair to match from DFS, they have a great affordable finance option available for anyone looking for an upgrade! It fits perfectly in our living room and suited the exact decor I wanted, plus grey is a great colour because it goes with everything.


Sweet Allure: My lounge staple pieces dfs zinc grey habitat argos society 6 Scandinavian furniture



Sweet Allure: My lounge staple pieces dfs zinc grey habitat argos society 6 Scandinavian furniture frames polaroids

After spending a few days without some side tables it was desperately obvious we needed some side tables...so I set about to look for some. I found some great ones online at Argos by Habitat and no-where near as expensive as you would think, there were 2 sizes, a taller thinner one at £35 and a shorter wider one at £40. They are quite simple and stylish which fitted the theme/idea I had for the room and were a really good price. I quite like the slight contrast in colour between the wood flooring and the wood of the tables as it helps break things up a little and not blend all into one.


Sweet Allure: My lounge staple pieces dfs zinc grey habitat argos society 6 Scandinavian furniture pouffe duck egg blue


The next thing I really wanted was a footstool of some kind, I had a look around a lot of places online and they all seemed to be extortionate. Thankfully I was going for a modern look and the ones I found on Argos were playful, pastel coloured and added a little extra something to the room. I actually really love this piece and would never have expected somewhere like Argos to sell them, once again a bargain at only £38! I am tempted to pick up another, but we'll have to see! 

I'm really excited about the room coming together at last! It needs a few little extra touches, like a new rug, some kind of plants to liven it up the room a little (quite literally) and finally hanging our prints on the wall, but I'll be sure to keep you updated on those!

I plan on writing much more about interiors on my blog as it's something I'm really interested in, it also seems fitting as we do up the house in our own style. I'm planning on talking you through more of my furniture choices, my DIY pieces and any finishing touches to bring it all together.

In the meantime you can follow my home boards on Pinterest, where I get a lot of my inspiration from.


8 comments on "Interiors: My Lounge Staple Pieces."
  1. I love the sleek, minimalist look you've got going on! The sofa looks lovely, I'd like to have something similar in my living room. I'm not a fan of big sofas that take up all the space and make things feel crowded.

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love your longue! I love how the yellow blanket adds such a cute pop of color!

    Be | lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that footstool... such a gorgeous colour! At that price too, who could say no?! I've been redecorating my bedroom recently and have been amazed with what Argos have on offer, I never would have expected it x

    Lu | http://littlebitoflu.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love seeing what people do with their homes because they really are a reflection of you. The couch looks so comfy!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lounge is gorgeous. Love the greys with the occasional pop of colour.

    Lovely post.

    EL xx
    www.owlsandstags.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an ongoing process, making a house a home. 3 years on and I'm still rearranging, removing, adding pieces to make our house feel like ours! Your living room looks gorgeous. I love that foot stool, I've been looking for one for ages, I'll have to give Argos a go! We went for grey sofas too, they really do go with everything! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It's so gorgeous! *-* x
    http://www.serenbird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE, LOVE you foot-stall! I have been after that one for ages in yellow! I love your room! It's honestly so lovely!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete