Top Social

LUSH Skincare Routine March 2016

Tuesday 15 March 2016
If you caught my last Lush Skincare Routine you'll have known for awhile that I'm all aboard the Lush boat for pretty much everything self-pampering wise these days.

ultrabland lush celestial serum moisturiser cleanser full of grace

After heading to a recent Lush Event I spent some time one on one with one of the lovely staff talking about my skin. I've been using the Ultrabland cleanser since being kindly gifted at the last event and  have absolutely loved it, so much so that when I've eventually used it all up I'll be sure to buy another pot! It's slightly thicker than average, I work this into my face using a good layer including over my eye make-up as it doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I then take this off with a warm wet flannel and it leaves my face feeling really clean and moisturised. My friend Aimee even said she uses it as a moisturiser too, so this is a great all round product that I highly recommend!

ultrabland lush cleaser sweet allure skincare

So when I ran out of both my toner water and my moisturiser it was time to head back and find something new to experiment with. After talking with the lady, I've come to the conclusion that I have combination skin, meaning sometimes it can be dry and other times it's quite oily and she immediately recommended the Full of Grace Serum bar.

lush skincare serum full of grace sweet allure

This is pretty self explanatory, its a serum in a solid bar form, you hold this in your hands until it warms up to the temperature of your body and then it starts to melt slightly. Then when you've got enough on your hands you just apply this to your face and make sure you've rubbed it in properly. As it's a serum I use this at night time as it takes a long time to sink into your skin properly, you could use this at any point but obviously you'd need to allow yourself the time. I place the serum back in the bag and it almost immediately sets again.

LUSH skincare moisturiser celestial sweet allure

After applying my serum I use a new moisturiser over the top of it called Celestial. This smells amazing! My favourite scent in all the world is Vanilla and this smells of vanilla and almond, it's perfect. It's not too thick either, so it sinks it really nicely and doesn't leave your skin really sticky. I am really enjoying this moisturiser and it goes a long way, so I can imagine this lasting a long long time.

After using the combo of all 3 of these things my skin has been doing really well. It hasn't been anywhere near as oily or as dry, it seems to be fairly stable. It also seems to be helping keep my spots under control too, which is always a bonus right?! It also seems to be helping keep my make-up on longer too, which is something I always seem to struggle with.


Do you use Lush skincare? What products do you love? As I would love to hear your suggestions :)

20 comments on "LUSH Skincare Routine March 2016"
  1. I haven't been to Lush in ages but I should go pick up some new things. I like the sound of that cleanser! I've been using the Dark Angels facial cleanser but I find it's a little too harsh for everyday use as it's slightly exfoliating. The serum bar also looks very fascinating, might get one of those the next time I'm in Lush.

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ultrabland is super soft and not gritty at all, so it'll probably be really good for you! They say if you use it for one month it should clear up your skin really well and help balance it. xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any of their skin products, but these look like something I wouldn't midn trying (plus it's LUSH!!!) Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommend it! If you know what type of skin you have they can help you pick things to help with it xx

      Delete
  3. I'm desperate to try the serum bars, how cool are they! I love ultrabland but would recommend angels on bare skin as a cleanser.

    Sammy xo.

    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angels on bare skin has been suggested a few times now, so I might try that one also! :) defo recommend the serum bars! xx

      Delete
  4. It is awesome as a moisturiser but as with the serum you need to allow the sinking in time. Very underrated product in my opinion. Might try the celestial moisturiser next xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing! I love the smell of vanilla xxx

      Delete
  5. I definitely need to try the Ultrabland cleanser! I've been meaning to pick it up for ages but everytime I go into Lush I get distracted by all the pretty bath bombs and completely forget to buy the skincare I originally went in for haha! x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right! I'd defo recommend it, very gentle and nice on the skin and lasts ages, probably cheaper than most others on the highstreet xx

      Delete
  6. I actually hates Ultra Bland the first time I used it and then all of a sudden I codlin get enough! These are great winter products for dry, dull skin. The LUSH moisturisers are great... a total staple for me!


    www.sophschoices.co.uk

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the same boat to be honest, I didn't like it at first, mostly the smell, but I soon got used to it and I love it now! xx

      Delete
  7. I've not tried any of the Lush face care range, but I'm inclined to try the Celestial now! And maybe a serum bar, I had no idea what they were before now! Body wise, I use Ro's Argan body conditioner in the shower and Celebrate body moisturiser out of the shower. I'm currently using Sympathy for the Skin hand and body cream, too! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good things to try, I've always got a list of things to try next so thank you for your suggestions! I didn't know what the serum bars were too but I love it now! xx

      Delete
  8. I'm looking for a new moisturiser, does this one work well in the mornings too? Under make up and whatnot? I don't want something that causes a slip n slide, or is it better for night time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it works lovely for both day and night, it sinks in quite quickly, I've used it in the morning under my make up and it seems to help keep everything on better (I use a beauty blender) no slipping and sliding of make up for me. You could always get a tester pot first and see how you go with it? xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! I think i'm going to try that! I should try a beauty blender too I think..

      Delete
  9. I've been curious about their serums! Great to hear a mini review of them :)

    eleanor
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just brought the Celestial moisturiser myself and can't wait to start using it, heard so many good things about it! :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some really nice products here! Love the sound of Celestial moisturiser. I am sad to admit, but I have not used Lush products, but I am now on the look out for goor recommendations & reviews for Lush products that could help my very dry skin.

    Thanks for connecting with my via tonight's #TheGirlGang chat by the way!

    Jemma | www.thesweetpealife.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete