Top Social

The Fragrance Shop App Review.

Sunday 6 March 2016
Over the past couple of weeks I've been hanging around the fragrance section in Boots like a right creep smelling all the new perfume launches, I've found a couple of new amazing scents that I've been considering buying. One lunch after creepin' around I got back to my desk to see a lovely little email from The fragrance Shop, no joke, it was like fate. 

I was asked to have a play around on their iPhone app and see what I thought. I downloaded the app immediately because I wanted to try it out.

Once you've signed up you are presented with a mini questionnaire but with photographs, so they give you the option of 4 different photos for each section, such as Deco Style, Ambience and Primary Colours and you pick which one you like the most from the 4 photos and it eventually gives you a list of fragrances it suggests you try.



The 'My Try List' gives you a % of how much the fragrance matches you, so for example, here is my current 'try list' and you can see the top one is a '97%' match. I was actually quite impressed that from the photos it managed to match me with quite fruity, sweet scents, which is what I'm really into.




I actually really love Britney Spears - Fantasy  Intimate Edition, I used to wear Britney Spears when I was younger and DKNY - Delicious Delights Cool Swirl is lovely as well as I've smelt that before.

I think this app is a litter bit of fun and if anything, fun to just see what you get matched with and if it's anything close to your style or taste in perfumes.




I was also kindly sent a package from The Fragrance Shop called 'The Discovery Club', this includes samples of a bunch of 'classic' fragrances for you to try before you buy. I was really excited about this, as I  mentioned before I've been in full 'wanting to get a new scent' mode and this is a great way to have a sniff without the commitment. I also thought it was a great way to smell some that you wouldn't necessarily choose for yourself. 



There were a few that I liked but as soon as a smelt Nina by Nina Ricci I sprayed it all over me and wore it for work that day and it smells lovely and sweeter and lasted all day, I swear I could smell it for a couple of days after too. It was fruity/floral and I love that scent, I'm all about the sweeter scents. So if you are in the market to try something new and have no idea what, then this is a perfect way to try some, it would also be a cool and different gift for a friend or mum who wants to try something new but doesn't know which direction to head in. I have to say that the sample sizes are pretty decent too, so it's not like you get one or two uses out of these, they will last you awhile for each and you can get a really idea of the smell and if you like it. You also receive some discount codes so if you do like any of those in the samples, you get a discount if you want to buy the full bottle, bonus!

I can't wait to try out some more of the samples sent to me, maybe I'll be able to decide what fragrance I want before I go away in May...here's hoping!

What's your favourite perfume? I seriously want your suggestions! Specially those that love fruity and floral and sweeter scents, please leave me some suggestions!




*Items mentioned above were gifted to me but my thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
6 comments on "The Fragrance Shop App Review. "
  1. I love the idea of this app, it sounds like a great way to discover some new perfumes that would suit me. I also already have the Discovery Box and I love it so much!

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the sweet smells and it seems like a clever idea. Might have to give it a go .I'm down to the perfumes I don't really like x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whats your favourite? maybe we can swap perfume ideas! xx

      Delete
  3. So fun! I love the idea... and mail makes me happy.
    My fav at the moment : Black Opium YSL - pricy as f*ck tho. So I am waiting until the hype goes down or I find a good deal with a book bag or something.
    Also a lover of Lancome La Vie Est Belle ' - these are both super feminine.

    A more "fresh" scent I really like the DKNY apple perfumes as well as CK One- Red.
    <3 <3
    www.thetongueinchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have smelt Black Opium by YSL and like it! xxx

      Delete