Top Social

Entertainment of the Month July 2016.

Thursday 4 August 2016
I haven't actually watched as much TV as I normally would do this past month, I've been really putting a lot of time and effort into my blog, but I have to say what I have seen this past month has been probably some of the best entertainment I've seen so far this year. I have 3 things that immediately spring to mind for this post, so those will be the three I'll be focusing on today!

Sweet allure Entertainment of the Month July 2016.  film tv netflix series seasons episodes action horror drama



Stranger Things 2016.

The first of which is Stranger Things, a new Netflix original series that has been getting a lot of attention recently and deservedly so. I'm a lover of all things horror and creepy and when I saw the mini trailer pop up I was really intrigued. This series is about as close to perfection as you can probably get. Set in the 80's, a kid goes missing on his way home from staying at a friends and as they try to find him, a mystery unravels about the town they are in and strange things entail! The first thing I'd like to point out is how perfectly retro this is, everything about it screams the 80's, from the Stephen King-esque intro sequence, to the set designs and costumes, its honestly one of the most well crafted TV shows I've seen in a very long time. It also helps that the story and characters are well rounded enough to keep you glued to the screen wanting to know more, including a brilliant performance from Winona Ryder. No spoilers but I really hope this go onto a second series, because the ending was certainly set up with room for another season! I have never recommended a TV show as much as I have this one, so please give it a watch if you can!


The Fault In Our Stars 2014

I probably picked the wrong time to watch this, but I'd noticed this had gone up on Netflix recently and Nick was away on his stag do, so I decided to finally watch it. Big mistake. But not because this film is bad, but because this film is so beautifully sad that I cried for about 3 hours straight. This film is about two cancer patients who meet at a support group and fall hopelessly for each other. It has highs and lows, love, laughter, pain and suffering and complete and utter cryinginaballonyoursofa heartbreak, but I don't think I'll ever forget about this film. It's not very often you watch a film that really gets you so deep you continue to cry for about an hour after it's finished, but I'm so so happy I watched this film and I highly recommend you do too, maybe just bring a box of tissues, some chocolate and a blanket...you'll need it.


Mad Max: Fury Road 2015

I have never really heard much or seen much regarding the Mad Max series but I recently won a competition on Twitter and this came in the DVD bundle I received. Nick and I watched this on a Sunday afternoon with no expectations and I have to say I was really really impressed. As for the story, I was lost for most of it, for a good chunk at the beginning I had no idea what was going on, however the concept of the film is something I've never seen before. The attention to detail regarding the bizarre and clever things they do with the cars is unlike anything I'd seen before. I think I was completely wowed over during the desert thunderstorm scene, as it was so visually impressive. I heard there is another being filmed in this series and I'm very eager to watch it when it comes out. This one really did surprise me, but in a good way for a change, so that's nice!


Hopefully August will be jam packed with exciting new things to talk about, as I  plan on watching Finding Dory, Ghostbusters and Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (by my favourites, The Lonely Island).

As always let me know what you think of the 3 things I've been loving and please feel free to send your viewing suggestions my way, I love any type of recommendations!

 

Sweet allure Entertainment of the Month July 2016.  film tv netflix series seasons episodes action horror drama



5 comments on "Entertainment of the Month July 2016. "
  1. I was obsessed with Stranger Things! I have watched Mad Max in the cinemas last year, like you I was also lost in the beginning but the movie turned out to be awesome in the end!

    skinnydecxflatte.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing things about Stranger Things! I feel like everyone is talking about it and I haven't bothered to watch it. I'm not really a TV person though so I tend to only watch what the OH fancies watching. Maybe I'll tell him about it and see if he fancies watching it!

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Mad Max, I was never a fan of the previous/original films but thought this one was just one, excellent, cleverly filmed action movie. Plus Tom Hardy looks well fit in it haha.

    The Fault In Our Stars I found okay but I'd read the book previously and I'm not a fan of sad films anyway.

    Stranger Things is AMAZING, I agree, for once I'm glad I jumped on the hype instantly. I binge watched this in about eight hours straight last weekend and it was one of the best decisions I've made in a long, long time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stranger things was amazing, hope theres a new season soon =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the mad max movie it was really good film to watch :) Pixie xx http://pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete