Top Social

Monday Babble.

Monday 26 September 2016

After planning to do my monthly 'Sunday sit-down' post yesterday as a kind of round up and attempt to get back into blogging, I failed miserably. Instead I made brownies and spent the afternoon with my dad, which was so lovely and chilled and really what i've needed after a couple of weeks of feeling a bit shit.

If you've been following me on twitter recently, you'll have probably seen me talking about my mental health. I've never really struggled throughout my life with my mental health, but lately I've had so much going on that everything kind of got on top of me this past few weeks and i've been really struggling. I've felt like i've had someone sat on my chest, making it hard to breath and I almost work myself up until I feel like i'm going to have a panic attack. So this week I took the first step and booked myself in for a doctors appointment, just to talk to someone and figure out whats going on. This is probably the main reason for my lack of blogging recently, I just never felt like i had the time to blog when I have so much other stuff to do. I miss blogging hugely though and am constantly writing down blog post ideas in my notebook ready for my big return! But I do like doing these little posts to keep you in the loop and to know that I am still here, waiting to get back into it soon!

One of the main things I wanted to write a post about was my wedding, I've been trying to keep you guys updated with wedding posts but this past 2 months have whizzed by and I just haven't had the time to write something. So I'm planning on hopefully getting one of those out this week and letting you in on all the things going down!

As for everything else, I'm still chugging away behind the scenes for my Etsy shop, working on planning a Sheffield blogger event with The City Girls, and popping along to the odd blogging event when I have the time to venture out in the evenings. Lots of exciting things still going on which I'll be telling you about soon when I get a chance to write them up!

Then lastly, I'm pretty darn excited about the start of autumn. I know it's so cliche to be all about the autumn leaves and cold weather and hot chocolate but I honestly love autumn so much and I'm already excited about the dreaded 'c' word. Yep. I'm excited about CHRISTMAS..

So expect to see plenty of autumn themed posts coming your way soon! As I know I wont be able to control my excitement. I've already got the fairy lights up around my fireplace in the living room to make the evenings all cosy!

I hope to be seeing you much more frequently around here soon.


4 comments on "Monday Babble."
  1. Aww I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with your mental health. I've struggled with depression and anxiety for most of my life, I know how horrible it is. Seeing a dr is a scary but necessary first step - good luck. Just be open and honest, that's the only way they can help you. And they will help you! There are so many ways they can help you. I hope things begin to improve for you soon. I'm so excited for Autumn, too. I'm all about the cosiness! Haha. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been struggling recently Tarnya. I've just finished a course of medication and am slowly coming off them to get back to how I was feeling a good 6 months ago, but it's a hard road so I can definitely relate to those times where things just start to get too much. Just know you aren't alone in this and that like you said, spending time just chilling out with family is a great tonic for it. I'm excited for autumn too, especially with the holidays coming up now and snuggling indoors in blankets, it's the best! I'm off to check out your Etsy shop too, and good luck with the wedding planning as well. One of my close friends it's getting married next year and she's currently going through the same thing so I can imagine it's both exciting and busy. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the doctor can help! I'm really tempted to book an appointment to help with my anxiety but I'm not sure I can x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mental health is something we all have to deal with at some point in our lives, so thank you for sharing this. I'm hoping you start to feel better soon, and you should definitely feel proud of all the amazing things you do!

    Becki | www.primeanddine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete