Top Social

First Impressions: Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm.

Thursday 21 May 2015
ASOS had a beauty sale recently that had a decent 30% off, so I went on the hunt from some things to try. I came across the Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm and had seen a few YouTubers talk about it, so I picked up the 20g travel size for about £6. 



Firstly, very clean simple packaging, no complaints here. Secondly, I don't know what it is about me recently with smells, but I really don't like the smell of this, I can't put my finger on what it is, but it's much stronger than my Liz Earle and I don't like that. 

The texture is thicker and has an almost waxy consistency, but you smooth it on your face, massage in and remove with a cleansing cloth, pretty standard stuff. At first I was using this after my Liz Earle, so rather than using it to remove my make up, I was using it more for the moisture and finish on my skin and it wasn't really working. It left my skin kinda tacky and leaves a weird feeling on my face and the lingering smell wasn't making me keen. So I started using it first to remove my make-up instead and I think this works much better, it gets rid of everything, including eye make-up with ease, however it does sting my eyes a little so have to be careful with that. 

I've been using it for about a week now and there is still quite a bit of product, so it probably will last a very long time if you buy a normal sized pot, but I think for me the smell puts me off buying any more. As there are so many great products on the market, I think I'll try some others and write a more in depth post later on about how I compare them all.

I can't comment on the Anti-Ageing aspect as I haven't been using it long term but if I feel any 'wow' effect I'll let you know!

If you have any suggestions of cleansers please let me know, my Twitter, Facebook and Instagram can be found on the main page. :)


6 comments on "First Impressions: Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm."
  1. shame about the smell but looks lovely x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame Hannah!

      I'm sure I'll find others that are purse, nose and face friendly :)

      Delete
  2. I hate it when a product works really well but I can't stand the smell!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice,

      Yep it sucks, but at least it's one I can scratch off the list :)

      Delete
  3. Love that you can get it in the travel size to test it first. I can't bare it when a product stings my eyes as they take a few hours to stop watering haha. Great review

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my Liz Earle one is super gentle, so if you are looking for one, I suggest that, but otherwise I just have to be super careful but it does melt away eye make-up super quick and easy :)

      Delete