Top Social

Sunday Sit Down #5

Sunday 7 February 2016
It's been almost a month since the last update, time just runs away with you sometimes. The run up to Christmas felt like an eternity yet January has well and truly gone in the blink of an eye. It's the first week into February already and we've got so much going on, I can see this month flying by too!


The main things I'd like to talk about with you today is a little update on the realistic News years resolutions I set myself as I've already done two of them, yep, look at me go!

The first one I want to talk to you about is saving money and spending bans. I went on a spending ban as an experiment for January to see how I got on with not buying anything, it turns out, it was pretty easy for me, which shocked me. I gave up buying rubbish that I saw in a shop that caught my eye or splurging on the dreaded Internet and making impulse purchases and I managed to nip the urges in the bud. What I did find though is that I spent my money on better things, like holidays, trips, plans and more experiences rather than physically things, which I am really really happy about. We've already booked a trip to visit Nick's mum in Cyprus for 2 weeks in May, I've paid for and booked everything for my friends Hen do next weekend and just generally had more fun doing things rather than owning  things. This is something I am really going to try and take with me for the next month and beyond, Buzz Lightyear style. It's already a week into Feb and I haven't felt the need to buy anything, which is a really good sign.


This brings me onto the next big, huge, massive exciting moment that is picking our wedding venues, saving the date and all those exciting beginning things. We officially pay the deposits on everything on Tuesday, so although it isn't official yet, it kind of already is. We had already planned to get married in 2017 however  due to our amazing parents, we can now afford to do it this year, that's right, I'm becoming a wifey in 2016. This is pretty mind blowing and exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time, but the only reason we were putting it off until next year was down to cash flow, which has been reduced greatly by our amazing families, so why the hell shouldn't we do it this year?! As thing are already been put into motion, I will be writing about this more in another post in the next week, so I can share the journey more with you and the things you learn when planning a wedding. It's such an exciting time and I can't wait to share that with you! From the tears, the worries, the panics, the stress, the excitement, the fun stuff, the dress!! and everything else that comes with planning a wedding.


The last thing I want to talk to you all about is my blog, this little old slice of Internet pie. I decided this year I was going to take a step back from forced posted that I felt I needed to post to be consistent and write more about things I care about, what interests me and really try not to be as materialistic in life (a personal choice). I have to say I have found writing so much easier since deciding to do this and have found it's much easier to think of ideas and plans when it's things I care about and I'm thrilled to say you guys seem to be enjoying it too! So I'm glad to say this will be the direction my blog will be taking in the near future and I hope you'll stick along for the ride with me!


If you'd like to hear more about my wedding plans, my most used make up brushes and something valentines themed check back next week!

Well, I could do with a cup of tea now, who's putting the kettle on, me or you?




5 comments on "Sunday Sit Down #5"
  1. OMG I'm so excited for you with the Wedding! Can't believe it - me and my friends used to pick up wedding magazines and browse the dresses either slagging them off or loving them haha.

    E x
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING this post Tarnya!!! I'm SSOO excited to discover you're getting MARRIED this year!!! OMG!!! It's INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My sis got married in Nov and I was a bridesmaid!! AHA!!!!! AMAZING!!! I can't wait for all the wedding themed posts coming my way this year!! YAYA!!!!!!! WOOPP WWOOPP!!! x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new blogging resolve, pressure takes all the fun out of it. My name is Rosie I am new to the girlgang. I will introduce myself on twitter:-) x
    www.whatrosiewrote.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you regarding the spending, it's amazing how much crap you end up buying and then having nothing to show for it, using your money to do this is a much better use of it. Congratulations!! How exciting for you. Going to be keeping my eyes peeled for some wedding related posts as I just love them. xx

    Charlotte | Just Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new blogging style - and if it's working for you, go with it! Good luck with all the wedding plans. Sounds like a scary but very exciting time! :) I need to go on a spending ban too, but it feels so hard! Haha. Well done on doing so well with your resolutions already! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete